Tooling such as epoxy dispensers, hand tools, and blades are routinely contaminated with adhesives and silicones. When cleaned with traditional polyester and non-woven "lint-free" wipers these tools become contaminated with fibers which cross-contaminate medical devices.
FirmWIPE® enables operators to quickly and thoroughly remove silicones and adhesives from the most critical surfaces without risk of shedding fibers that can result in FM contamination.
FirmWIPE® is constructed from an open-cell ester-based polyurethane foam which has undergone a special felting process. FirmWIPE® offers fiber-free wiping in applications where durability and fast wicking, without dripping, are desirable. FirmWIPE® is available in both Class 100 and Class 1000 configurations. Due to its ability to conform to metal mask surfaces, FirmWIPE® enables excess paste to be thoroughly removed while minimizing abrasion to the emulsion. Its unique pore structure makes it ideal for cleaning metal masks used to print LTCC components, capacitors, EL, OLED, and Plasma Display Panels.
• Open-cell polyurethane structure allows for fiber-free wiping.
• Excellent pick-up of Thick Film inks and solder paste.
• High density construction and sponge-like properties make it ideal for particle sensitive metal mask cleaning operations.
• High incineration rate to yield low ash for precious metal reclamation in Thick Film applications.
• Open-cell, felted foam structure allows for controlled transfer of solvent to optimize cleaning of Thick Film screens.
• Ester-based chemistry and felted construction enable broad solvent compatibility.
• Uniform porosity allows for excellent contamination pickup.