Oropharyngeal (OP) foam swabs are used in the oropharynx and anterior nares to collect and carry mucus and saliva in transport tubes to provide a high rate of recovery of microorganisms present, providing accurate analytical test results. US FDA and CDC recommend polyurethane foam swabs for PCR detection of most respiratory viruses, including SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), rhinoviruses and enteroviruses (Picornaviridae), influenza viruses (Orthomyxoviridae), parainfluenza, metapneumoviruses and respiratory syncytial viruses (Paramyxoviridae), coronaviruses (Coronaviridae) and bacterial infections caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae (pneumonia) and Streptococcus pyogenes (strep throat).
Foamtec Medical Oropharyngeal swabs utilize Foamtec developed polyurethane foam technology that provides an exceptional surface area to capture a maximum quantity of target fluids while not binding to those fluids providing high subject recovery. Foamtec swabs are safe, non-cytotoxic, and sterilized by a validated gamma irradiation process.
Foamtec Medical proprietary swab cleaning and validated sterilization processes ensure no background from RNAse, no harmful additives and gases, and other contaminants for accurate, safe test results. Accurate oropharyngeal swabbing is achieved with rigid handles and large soft foam-tipped swabs for accurate placement by the user while reaching all areas of the oropharynx and anterior nares.The plastic handle is engineered to easily snap off so that the swab tip can be deposited into a transport tube.
• The high surface area captures the maximum amount
of mucus and saliva.
• High release % of captured samples
• Validated gamma-irradiated sterile, clean swab surfaces.
• Rigid handles with large soft foam tips.
• Ability to accurately reach all areas of the oropharynx and anterior nares.
• High recovery rates of body fluids for accurate test results.
• No harmful additives or gases – non-toxic and safe.
• Processed Sterile without Ethylene Oxide.
• Maximum patient comfort.