FirmWIPE is a high-strength cleanroom sponge wiper designed to improve contamination control in ISO 7 cleanrooms. FirmWIPE is a fully cross-linked, felted polyurethane foam sponge with high tensile and abrasion-resistant properties enabling contamination-free cleaning of equipment such as injection molding tooling as it will not snag or rip on sharp edges. FirmWIPE has high absorbency, fast wicking, and drip-free holding of solvents, mold release, and liquid silicone, making it ideal for cleaning and application tasks in medical device cleanrooms. FirmWIPE is free of impurities such as Sulphur, so it will not inhibit the curing of medical-grade platinum silicone.
FirmWIPE’s felted construction and ultra-fine porosity enable repeated cleaning of tooling and surfaces with excess adhesive or silicone, allowing the reduction of wiper consumption and operator time. FirmWIPE is processed and laundered to ISO5 cleanliness specifications and to pass ISO 10993 cytotoxicity and pyrogen specifications.
FirmWIPE is widely deployed to clean sensitive tooling and devices that are highly susceptible to Foreign Material(FM) contamination. FirmWIPE is processed and laundered to pass ISO 10993 cytotoxicity and pyrogen specifications.
• Compatible with cleaning applications requiring exposure to solvents such as hexane, heptane, toluene, dichloromethane, xylene, and IPA.
• Open-cell, felted foam structure allows for the consistent and repeatable transfer of fluids to devices and tooling.
• Ester-based chemistry and felted construction meet ISO10993 biocompatibility requirements for cleaning implantable devices.
• Fully traceable back to raw material with lot certificates and test data.
• Processed, washed, and packed in FDA registered, Iso 13485 facility.
• Bioburden Control. 100% lint-free construction from abrasion-resistant polyurethane foam eliminates the major source of fibers in cleanrooms that promote microbial growth.
• FirmWIPE is ideal for high-frequency cleaning of medical-grade silicone, elastomers, and adhesives from molding, hand tools, scalpels, and epoxy dispensing tips.
• FirmWIPE is dimensionally compliant and rip-resistant for cleaning and applying mold release to liquid silicon rubber injection molds and ejector pins.
• FirmWIPE efficiently cleans silicone flashing from injection molds without removing the seasoning layer to ensure the excellent release of subsequent parts.
• FirmWIPE can be machined and custom fabricated to provide custom pads for automated cleaning and application tasks.